ABSTRACT REVIEW PROCESS
The goal of “Revolutionizing the Asian Research Culture” is facilitated through TIIKM Conferences, with the support of numerous international academic institutions and scholars, as well as practitioners who contribute to our mission of knowledge transfer implementing a collaborative approach towards academic research, empowering decision makers in the corporate sector, and promoting critically aware social policies. Our values and mission statement lead our academic conferences in addition to an annual theme guiding scholarship discourse.
With a massive number of abstracts submitted each year for presentations at TIIKM conferences, The International Institute of Knowledge Management (TIIKM) is dedicated to guaranteeing a timely and fair review process with the international norms of double-blind peer review. We are dependent on the support of highly qualified academics around the world to assist with this endeavor.
- TIIKM’s double-blind peer review process is conducted by the Conference Secretariat under the guidance of the Scientific Committee Chair/ Conference Chair.
- The Scientific Committee Chair/ Conference Chair serves as the Head of the Scientific Committee and will make the final decision on abstracts.
- Scientific Committee Members are established academics who hold PhDs or other terminal degrees in their fields who have previous peer review experience.
- Every abstract will undergo a double blind peer review by an international Scientific Committee Member within two to three weeks after its receipt.
- Results of the abstract review will be sent to the author within two weeks of submission (Conditions apply if there is an emergency).
- Notices of acceptance or rejection of the paper will be sent to the author with reviewer comments.
- If revisions are required according to the reviewer comments, the revised abstract must be sent back within a week.
- If your abstract is accepted, you will be invited to register for the Conference.
ETHICS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE ACCORDING TO COPE
The Conference organizing committee together with TIIKM has developed Code of Ethics based on Committee of Publication Ethics for Scientific committee members. All the scientific committee members have agreed to adhere on following ethics and responsibilities.
Contribution of Authors:
Reviewers will assist the authors through their feedback and comments by providing fair, honest, and unbiased assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of the abstracts/manuscript and provide objective and constructive feedback in review to encourage the authors to develop their manuscripts.
Conflict of Interest and Bias:
Reviewers should ensure to declare all potential competing, or conflicting interests. If you are unsure about a potential competing interest that may prevent you from reviewing, communicate this to the organizing committee as soon as possible. Reviewers will remain unbiased throughout the review process in regards to nationality, religious or political beliefs, gender, and other characteristics of the authors, origins of a manuscript and/or their professional affiliation.
Reviewers should inform the editors if the manuscript cannot be reviewed as per the time given for the review until it is too late.
Respect the confidentiality of the peer review process and refrain from using information obtained during the peer review process for your own or another’s advantage, or to disadvantage or discredit others.
Do not delegate the authority to any other person in regards to reviewing the manuscript without obtaining permission of journal editors/organizing committee. Manuscripts and abstracts should also be prepared by you.
Adapted by: https://publicationethics.org/
BENEFITS FOR REVIEWERS
The reviewers of the Conference are receiving the following benefits. If you would like to be considered to serve on the Scientific Committee, please visit the Reviewer Application.
- Your name would be recognized in the conference website
- Eligibility for partial scholarships/ special discounts for the registration fee (Conditions apply)
- Keep up to date on the researches in your field
- Opportunity to project yourself in an International arena and to gain an exposure in a major International Conference
- Presenting a letter of appreciation/certificate of appreciation for the service done towards the success of the conference
- Eligibility for the special appreciation as the “Most Outstanding Reviewer” and special benefits (See More Button)
- Eligibility to publish in KnowEx Online Publication platform
- Providing the opportunity to send 1 full paper for publication in TIIKM conference publication sources
- Opportunity to develop your career and critical thinking skills essential to research
- Opportunity to nominate your peer colleagues for the Scientific Committee (Conditions apply)
BE ONE OF THE MOST OUTSTANDING REVIEWERS
The Best 1-5 reviewers who have provided their great contribution during the reviewing process will be selected for the conference as the Most Outstanding Reviewers.
- Number of papers they have reviewed
- Appropriate suggestions/comments given
- Response time to send the reviewed abstracts
- Their support in promoting the conference
- Swift response for the emails sent by the Conference Secretary
- Overall contribution to deliver a successful conference
- Receiving a Conference KIT by post
- Receiving a Special Certificate from the Conference organizing committee
- The most outstanding reviewers will be identified in website with his/her photograph
- Eligibility for 40% discount for the registration fee of next year conference (Conditions apply)
- Opportunity to apply as a plenary speaker in any of TIIKM conferences (Conditions Apply)
- Eligibility to publish one research paper free of charge in KnowEx Online Publication platform (within 12 months after the conference)
- Eligibility to iTiikm loyalty program
Criteria for Being a Member of the Scientific Committee
- Holding a doctorate in the relevant field
- Be an established expert in the field
- Having an excellent publications track record in high impact, peer-reviewed journals
- Adequate general knowledge of the sub-fields
- Past experience of reviewing abstracts/ full papers and being in editorial boards
- Fluency in language and grammar
The final decision regarding the selection will be made by the Conference Chair/ Scientific Committee Chair and the Organizing Committee,
If you would like to be considered to serve on the Scientific Committee, please complete the below application and submit.